Brown Bros. Lumber was founded in 1896 by Albert F. Brown. A.F. Brown & Sons began with a four horsepower steam engine which was used to sharpen plow points and other machine and carpentry tools. Today, fourth generation store manager John P. Brown leads the team of employees in the 5000 square foot sales floor. Under new ownership the store has tripled the inventory and revitalized the lumber and building materials department.